No environmental accountability without environmental accounting
Environmental accounting software can help a company reduce its environmental footprint by providing tools for tracking and measuring the company's emissions and resource use, as well as providing insights on where to focus efforts for reduction. Some specific ways an environmental accounting software can help include:
- Tracking and measuring emissions: The software can help a company track and measure its emissions across all scopes, including scope 3 emissions, allowing the company to set reduction targets and track progress.
- Identifying hotspots: The software can help identify areas where the company is emitting the most, such as specific products, suppliers or processes, and therefore can target those areas to reduce emissions.
- Identifying cost-effective reductions: The software can help a company identify the most cost-effective ways to reduce emissions, by analyzing the cost-benefit of different reduction options.
- Compliance: The software can also help companies comply with various environmental regulations and reporting requirements.
- Benchmarking: Companies can also benchmark their environmental performance against peers, industry standards and best practices.
- Integration: Environmental accounting software can also integrate with other internal systems, such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) or customer relationship management (CRM) systems, to provide a more holistic view of a company's environmental impact.
Overall, an environmental accounting software can provide companies with the data and insights they need to make informed decisions about how to reduce their environmental footprint. Want to learn more? Please contact us, and we can arrange a demo with our NEMS Accounter environmental accounting software and NEMS Panorama ESG reporting tool.